What We Do
Backed by a portfolio of over 4500 completed commercial projects, Proficient provides comprehensive, dependable MEP engineering services with:
- Professional Engineers – Our team of degreed, highly-trained engineers produces customized solutions that meet the exacting standards of each project
- Proven Results – Using stringent methodologies and practices, we’ve built a history of developing precise, effective designs
- Diverse Project Expertise – Our background runs deep and wide with experience that spans all project types, complexities and sizes
- State-of-the-art Technologies – Whether it’s providing 3D laser scanning for clients or implementing our own internal systems, we embrace the newest technology to boost our agility and effectiveness
- Personal Service – As a growing firm, we’ve remained true to our roots by providing clients with focused, dedicated teams who deliver attentive service and efficient communication
What We Do
Our Services Include:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Plumbing Engineering
- Arc Flash Studies
- BIM/Revit Management
- Laser Cloud Scanning
- 3D Building Scans
- BIM Modeling of Existing Buildings
- BIM Construction Coordination
- Building Commissioning
- Communications Systems Design
- Energy Auditing
- Security Systems Design
- Solar Design
- Sustainability Consulting
About Proficient Engineering
Proficient Engineering (Proficient) is a full-service Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing engineering consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of over 4500 completed commercial projects. This experience includes project types such as office, mixed use, hospitality, multi-family, retail & storage, senior living, food & beverage, medical, education, community, recreation, industrial, and historic projects.
Established in 2008, Proficient is led by Principals Paul Kenney, Heyoung Lee, Brian Armenta, Mike Roeder, Ron Kight and Jennifer Duchac. The leadership team combines and allocates its various experience and skill sets in response to each client’s project requirements. Not only does each Principal utilize PEI’s talented engineering staff to see each project through to completion, but is personally hands-on the engineering process to ensure quality design and project success.
Proficient is dedicated to providing close coordination with both the Architect and Client. The management methodologies and firm practices that are implemented by PEI have a positive effect on the firm’s delivery of quality designs, on schedule and on budget.
Proficient holds Professional Engineering Registrations in 49 states, and maintains memberships with the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), United States Green Building Council (USGBC), Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP), the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES), the Institute of Electrical, Electronics Engineers (IEEE), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE).